Lola's First Snow-la!

Today is Lola's first snowstorm. I tried to get her to look out the window at it but she wasn't very impressed. Well, La-Dee-Da, your Majesty Lola! The three of us spent the snowy afternoon watching the movie Saved. Bethany likes it, I thought it was just okay, and Lola, again, seemed to not be very impressed. What will impress this little one? Only time will tell.
After the movie Lola and I danced to the song Mr. Wendell by Arrested Development. Bethany laughed at me. Not sure what she was laughing at. The 90's production value of the song, my dancing, or the fact that Lola's feet were sticking straight up in the air?
Today is also Lola's seventh day on this planet. She's a week old baby girl and we think she's growing! Well, it's kind of hard to tell, but she looks so much smaller in the pictures we have from her birthday. Dr. Bonner said small babies grow at a rapid pace because they work harder than larger babies at learning to breast feed. Amazing! She's our little worker bee!
I had a startling conversation with Bethany last night while she was sleeping. When I got into bed I whispered a sweet "I love you" into her ear. It somehow set her off and she began a very confusing conversation with me. The creepy part of it was that she was asleep while this conversation was going on. What makes it even creepier is that her eyes were open the whole time. Anyway, here's the transcript, from what I remember.
John (whisper): I love you.
Bethany: Don't squish her!
John: What?
Bethany: When I get up to breast feed her I'm going to have to wake her up!
John: Uh, what are you talking about?
Bethany: Her boobs!
John: Whose boobs?
Bethany: Lola's boobs!!!
John: Um, you're really scaring me right now.
Bethany: Satan! Satan! Satan!
John: Okay, I'm turning the light back on.
Fine, I made up the part about Satan, but we really had that conversation and I was completely terrified. Understand I didn't realize she was sleeping while it was going on. I really just thought she wasn't making any sense. Of course we laugh about it now.
I'll leave you with yet another song I made up to sing to Lola. This one is for when I'm changing her diaper. Here are the lyrics...
Washing the doodles off my darling daughter
Disgusting mustard colored moosh.
Washing the doodles off my darling daughter
Taping a diaper to her toosh!
2 Comments:
lola looks so much like bethany in that picture! Maybe its the leopard background?
I have oodles more of doodles
for my pop!
Yes! Oodles more of doodles on my tush.
See..mommy ate some noodles that were mush.
So pop scoop up my poop.
My doods resemble soup.
And you know how to make my tushy shine!
So please wipe off my doodles, daddy mine!!!!
OH!
Just one quick P.S.
(I do hope this rhymes)
Don't forget to kiss me...
Don't forget to kiss me...
Don't forget to kiss me...
at least Five Times!!!!
I love you, Daddy!
Post a Comment
<< Home