Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tummy Time with my Valentine!



Today was Lola's very first holiday. Valentine's Day! Both Lola and Bethany were my Valentines. I snuck out of the house and bought Lola a cute little onesie from Old Navy, which she is modeling in the picture above. It says "I Love You" all over it in very small letters. I also got her a cute little white embroidered dress with matching underpants. I guess the underpants go over her diaper. Anyway, Old Navy doesn't have any clothes for babies under 7 lbs, so it will be a while until she can fit into her new dress. So sad! But we'll probably put her in it anyway to see how cute she looks.

I got Bethany some daisies in a pot that looks like a strawberry and Nicole Richie's autobiography. Lola didn't give me anything but a diaper filled to the brim with doody that resembled creamy peanut butter. She also cried when I put her new onesie on, but I'm just going to pretend they were tears of joy.

Yesterday, the home care nurse told us we should have "tummy time" with Lola for a few minutes a day when she is awake. Tummy time is when you lay them on their tummies to help get them familiar with the crawling position early on. It's supposed to force babies to work neck, arm, and leg muscles they don't normally use. Lola did a fantastic job of pretending to crawl on Daddy's tummy. It was quite amazing and I was very impressed with her. She was moving those tootsies up and down and trying, unsuccessfully, of course, to lift her body up. She was lifting her head up slightly on her own, which seemed like a miracle. She is going to be a seasoned pro when she's ready to begin crawling!

Bethany tested out the breast milk pump that Sandy so generously purchased for us. It's a strange act to witness. It's like something you'd see in a futuristic movie from the 50's. Not that I was looking, of course! I forget Bethany's family reads this.

Anja,Lola's tia, requested that I post a picture of myself with Lola since I usually only post pictures of other people, like Bethany. Apparently some of her friends want to see me as well. So upon request ... a nice picture of my daughter and me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home