Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Daddy's Dilemma with Daughter's Doodles



After work I watched Lola as Bethany went on a number of errands. Naturally she started crying immediately after Bethany left. However, there was nothing to worry about, because Bethany and I have discovered baby poison ... I mean, formula. Yes I feel funny about it, but we've done some reading and have found that mixing breast milk and formula is perfectly fine. See, Bethany doesn't have enough milk to fill our hungry little hungren everyday. So formula has become our salvation.

Before I sat down, with bottle in hand, I felt Lola's bottom and noticed that her diaper was heavy. I laid her on the changing table (which still has a doodles stain on it) and braced myself. Her diaper was removed and shortly thereafter a large turd (resembling chocolate soft serve ice cream) squirmed out of her butt. She doodled all over her onesie and I had to take it off. She was now nude and screaming her head off as more and more doodles found their way out of her body. The more I wiped her coolie the more doodles would escape. When everything was finally under control I got ready for the feedin'.

It went incredibly well. Lola's a real trooper. She sucked down four ounces of formula and passed the hell out in my arms. I put her to bed and watched the Pleaseeasaur dvd for the second time.

Lola woke up a few hours later and I fed her some more. She fell asleep after an ounce. About ten minutes later she woke up again and I fed her another. I placed her in the bassinet and she's been unconscious ever since. I love her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This child is certainly well fed.

You are a great Dad, John.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is too cute! She looks just like you JOHN! I can't wait to see her!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home