Lola Lo Mein Gambino

Lola's baby acne seems to have gotten worse today. It is such a sad sight to see. She has little red bumps on her cheeks and eyelids and I have so much sympathy for her. Well, at least she won't be around any bully infants who will ridicule her in front of her infant peers. If anyone ever makes fun of her when she's a teen I will go over their parents house and have it out with them. But, of course, that would probably humiliate Lola and as a consequence she'd probably get made fun of even more the next day. Oh, I have such terrible parenting ideas in mind.
For dinner we decided to treat ourselves to delicious Chinaman's food. Bethany ventured out to pick it up and left me in charge of Lola so she could have a break. Well, naturally Lola starts crying as soon as Bethany leaves. I scoop her up and try my hand at comforting. The usual song was sung which resulted in more crying. A soft explanation as to the whereabouts of her food supply (aka Bethany) led to a short pause followed by more crying. She waved her hands in the air, as she normally does, and accidentally smacked herself in her face which made her cry even louder. My next effort to shut her up was to play music which seemed to instantly do the trick. We danced together to selected tracks from Michael Jackson's Bad. I nearly passed out from exhaustion.
Tomorrow's my day off and I'm trying to think of a fun packed activity to do with Lola. Any suggestions? Keep in mind we live in cultureless Rhode Island.
2 Comments:
you can cheer Lola up with Bob Saget jokes after tomorrow night. ha.
I absolutely love this picture! Lola is such a doll! She & Bethany look so peaceful.
Keep your eyes open for a surprise!
Love,
Aunt Nora
Post a Comment
<< Home