Sunday, February 26, 2006

Baby Lola vs. The Bottle



I gave Lola her first bottle last night and she took to it immediately. It was a lot more difficult than I had imagined. She tends to try and suck down the whole entire bottle all at once resulting in a large mouthful of milk which she eventually spits out all over herself. I'm trying to get it down to a science now. What I've decided is the best method is to let her drink a little, remove the bottle from her mouth when she's just about had enough, and then wipe off the excess from her mouth. What I'm doing is probably incorrect but right now it seems to be working.

Today I fed Lola again while Bethany got a much needed break and went on a shopping spree all by her lonesome. Lola is starting to get the hang of the bottle a little more. I think it's hard for her to establish a good suction to the plastic nipple when she's used to having a fleshy one. But once she gets going she does alright. She's doing her best! While she eats she likes to stare up into Daddy's eyes. Awww.

After she ate we did a little dance to a few numbers by The Jackson Five. What Lola doesn't know about Michael Jackson won't hurt her.

Bethany brought home a cooling mist humidifier which we can't seem to get to work. I'm very close to smashing it to pieces but I won't because that was the old John. The new John is patient with appliances and when frustration takes over he simply hands the directions over to Bethany. If this thing doesn't work by tomorrow, however, it will have Hell to pay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

this is a strange picture. lola looks like a lola doll but don't worry john she is still cute.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL, I enjoy reading your blog

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home