The Much Anticipated Update!

Lola has been home since Sunday and I'll admit I've had a tough time getting back into the Bloggin'. I assure you that updates will be a lot more frequent than they have been. Bethany going into the hospital and taking Lola away from me really screwed everything up. Fortunately things are now back to normal and Lola Blog finally continue on a regular schedule.
Lola's tongue was looking pretty disgusting Monday night so we took her to Dr. Bonner's office. She was diagnosed as having a common baby illness called Thrush, which is a yeast infection in her mouth. A special medicine was prescribed which we're supposed to scrub the inside of her mouth with it after meals. Not our meals, Lola's meals. One of the side effects of Thrush is diaper rash, which Lola now has. Luckily we took a free sample of this stuff literally called Butt Paste which we took initially out of amusement. Hopefully it'll do the trick!
Also on Monday we took the girl with us bed shopping. Our first stop was Mattress Giant where our ears were chewed off by Junior the Salesman. He was actually really nice and had a lot of personal questions to ask about Lola. He had just had a little boy so you can see how we all related. Anyway, we didn't buy a bed from him because they were too expensive. Instead we stumbled upon a place on Route 2 appropriately named Budget Mattress. My man Wayne gave us a good deal on an incredibly comfortable Queen set. He threw in the bed frame (a $59.99 value) and hand delivered it all for free! It felt pretty good giving business to the "little guy" instead of the heartless chain stores. No offense to Junior, of course.
This just in, Lola's eyebrows are in! I noticed them when I visited her in New Hampshire but haven't gotten around to reporting the news until now. You can see them in the photo posted. Ain't they cute, folks? Yes they certainly are.
Lola's been growing and growing, I tells ya! She is now supporting her head a lot more and is keeping her eyes open longer and making eye contact with us. It's pretty adorable. She's getting very strong, by golly. You can now feel the muscles in her legs. She now weighs in at 10 pounds and is 21 inches long. Oh, we are so proud of our little girl.
3 Comments:
Hurray!! LOLA has returned!
Aunt Nora will sleep well tonight(...uh..this morning onnacounta it is now after 2 am.)
Oh how I have missed the news on Lola. Those eyebrows are adorable. LOL
Little teenie weenie caterpillars adorning those sweet peepers of her.
I hope you are all better Bethany.
Love you!
XXXXX OOOOO Aunt Nora
PS Get on Anja's case re: her Blog..
lol. nice post. im glad youre back at it...i had a dream about lola last night. you guys were going somewhere, and for whatever reason i was the only person around who could babysit. i was like "oh my god, i dont want to break her!" like the whole time.
it was funny.
i hope her rash clears up soon.
Finaly I was wondering if you were ever going to update again. I am glad Lola is home. I must say my son had a diaper rash too and I used butt paste and it is good! It works like a charm and wipes off easy. My son also did not have any eyebrows when he was born. I think Lola is doing better in the eyebrow dpt than he is and was. His eyebrows are basically just starting to realy come in. LOL Give Lola-boo a kiss
Post a Comment
<< Home