Shopping with Lola!

Well, today was Lola's big day out! Firstly we stopped at the bank to deposit my hefty check from a past illustration gig (they finally sent it, to those her were concerned).
Our next stop was Dunkin' Donuts where a garlic bagel with butter and a medium coffee with nonfat milk and sugar were ordered. We used the Drive Thru because having a child has turned us into lazy Americans.
Then we went to return items to our favorite little library and I picked up a few of my favorite Bill Murray movies, Stripes and Groundhog Day. Lola and Bethany waited in the car for both of these errands, I was a bit less lazy.
We then scurried over to Border's where we spent our gift card. We had a hard time agreeing on which season set to purchase, but I finally convinced Bethany that The Simpons Season 7 was what she wanted. It wasn't really what she wanted, but she agreed because she was getting sick of being in the store. Lola was carried in her car seat during the selection process. The woman at the checkout counter talked me into acquiring a Border's discount card because I'm a huge sucker. I had to tell her my email address which makes me incredibly nervous. But what doesn't? Good question!
Next was Baby Gap where Bethany bought a fancy little blue jacket with a unique heart shaped pattern. It was purchased with Bethany's gift card and it was on sale! Lola was drooled on by about five different people in the store. Everyone loves this little baby to death. I swear she makes people melt from her cuteness!
After the Gap we went to my place of employment (which will forever remain nameless) where my co-workers fell instantly in love with the lil' girl! I'm sure I'll be three times as popular with them from here on end. Showing off Lola has become my new favorite past time!
Our final stop was Stop and Shop where we bought more groceries than I have ever purchased at once in my entire life. Lola inconveniently got hungry in the middle of the second aisle and Momma B had to run and feed her in the car. I paced around the cereal aisle and did some strategic bargain shopping. I quickly discovered that the "buy one get one free" Kellogg's cereal was the best deal. We got a huge box of Frosted Flakes and a free box of Rice Krispies to make Krispie Treats. Yummo! Anyway, Bethany came back after draining a tit and I held Lola for the remainder of the shopping spree so she'd stay quiet. We couldn't get past a single aisle without some woman fawning over her. I didn't mind much because I always like to flirt with the old ladies in the supermarket.
We got home and had a special romantic dinner while an exhausted Lola passed out in her baby papasan.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home