Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bye Bye Umbilical!



Holy cow! I was so excited this morning when Bethany discovered that Lola's umbilical chord had fallen off. Of course I didn't show much enthusiasm because I was pretty friggin' exhausted from Lola's crazy cluster feeding throughout the evening and early morning, but I swear to you my brain nearly exploded with excitement!

Speaking of heads exploding, or should I say imploding, I am currently watching They Might Be Giant's fantastic children's DVD entitled Here Come the ABC's. Now, I wasn't a fan of their first children's release, No!, but this one is much more interesting. Or maybe I only think that way because I'm a dad now. Yeah, that's probably it. I'm sure if I didn't have a kid I would consider it sell-out crap like No! But, ,no, it's actually very well done. The Lola Blog has strict ethics when if comes to advertising other sites, but in this case I will will make an exception and clue you in to They Might Be Giant's website. This way all the old people will understand what I'm talking about. Go Here!

That's about it for today. I was absent the whole day and didn't get to take any new pictures or witness anything spectacular besides the umbilical chord, of course. Bethany told me she ate all day long like yesterday. Hopefully she won't feel the need to consistently feed tomorrow because we have big plans of taking her to the Providence Place mall! B and I have a Borders gift card to take advantage of. I'd like to purchase the latest Jarrett J. Krosoczka book. Okay, I know, but one other link won't hurt anybody. Besides, he's a friend of mine and attended the last Yummy Cakes show after I tricked everyone into thinking it was my final performance. So he deserves a plug, okay?! Oh, and if they don't have it we'll probably buy The Aristocrats, not cats.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lola...

Please tell your daddy that he is slipping on the job. I have been here six times today but alas no new blog. (sigh)
Tell him it reminds me of back in the day
when we kinda blogged together poetically. If I missed a day, your dad made sure to tell me via "letting me have it" in Capital Letters. So please get on his case onnacounta I have trouble sleeping without my Lola Report.

You see..I make every day a
LOLA DAY!!!

Love Auntie Nora
XXXXX OOOOO

2:41 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hey, give me some credit here. I have been consistent in updating the Lola Blog since before we even returned from the hospital. The Lola Blog gets updated EVERY day whether I feel like it or not. I'll admit, some entries are better than others, but it varies on my level of sleepiness. It is updated at different times every evening, sometimes later, sometimes earlier, depending on when I get the chance. You may have to stay up until 11 before you get an update on some nights. Just remember that my schedule changes on a daily basis, so it's hard to keep a steady time during the evening to update. I was trying to update every day by at least 7pm, but lately it's been getting later and later. Just have faith that you will absolutely get your dose of Lola every day no matter what. May I suggest to you, Aunt Nora, that you check for updates every morning instead of 5 times an evening before bed. That way you'll be guaranteed an update, be it an update from the previous evening. Anyway, just a suggestion. Love, John.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home