Lola Stays Warm!

Nana Hamilton created the quilt pictured above and Lola simply adores it. We actually received quite a few homemade blankets for our shower. The others were created by Grandma Rose, Melissa Nicklin, Matt Miklos' mom, and Jessica Faust (pictured in a previous post.)
My old pal from Norwalk, Chris Scalzi, sent us Lola's favorite new book, Pat the Bunny. I read it to her this afternoon but I don't think she paid any attention to it. Actually, she cried the whole time. Maybe she was freaked out by the picture of the dad with the scratchy face. Fans of the book will understand. She was a good little girl, however, when we got to the page where you stick your finger through the mother's wedding ring. Lola did just that. I was so proud! Thanks Chris!
I was planning on taking Loles to Providence today but ended up going solo. I was afraid I'd get lost trying to find Jerry's Artarama, which I did. Luckily I stumbled upon Utrich Art Supplies, almost by accident, while I was trying to figure out where the hell I was. I purchased some necessary art making items for a double illustration job I received which is due next week! But enough about me. Let's get back to Lola!
Wait! There's nothing more to write about. Lola spent most of the day sleeping, crying, and eating. That's all she ever does! She really needs to find a hobby. She also needs to have her nails filed because they're getting rather sharp! Her new thing is to reach for Daddy's face when he is singing to her and gazing into her pretty eyes. Normally I melt into the floor when she does this, but it's getting more and more painful by the day.
Tomorrow I shall attempt to give the girl her first bath. I was planning on doing it today but she was way too busy chillin' in Slumberland. We also have big plans to do some serious grocery shopping. I'm talking starting in aisle one and working ourselves down to the last. We're like totally filling up a cart to the brim, a feat that rarely ever occurs. So Lola better get her rest in, because tomorrow's a very very big day!
1 Comments:
Correction lola did not sleep at all yesterday
Post a Comment
<< Home