Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Back in Bloggin' Business!



Okay, I know I've been horrible with updating this blog lately and that a lot of you have been pretty miserable without your daily dose, so I will make it up to you today with the most glorious entry to date.

I will begin by showing an appreciation the size of the Mother Land for Aunt Karen who went out of her way for Lola and gave us one of the most thoughtful surprises I think I have ever seen. Of course we appreciate everyone's gifts to Lola thus far, but Aunt Karen did the unexpected to da extreme. We were shocked to discover that she had been collecting gifts for Lola since she found out Bethany (a person she has yet to even meet) was pregnant. Some time last week we received a large box filled with a ton of individually wrapped baby gifts and a few for us. It made our night/week/month/year/lives. Aunt Karen was worried that we'd think she was a freak for the package, but rest assured Karen, we do not. We deeply appreciate your generosity and Lola simply cannot wait to finally meet you.



This past weekend we took a trip to New York so Lola could finally meet her Great Grandma Nina. We would have visited sooner but it was hard for us to find a good weekend where we were free and Grandpa Sal and Grandma Rose would be around. Finally I felt enough was enough, had someone cover for me on Monday (Thanks Mike), and took off Sunday morning for a short excursion. We arrived at Grandma's and had a pleasant lunch. She was very happy to meet her Great Granddaughter. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of Grandma holding Lola but I did get a good one of Aunt Marianne (my Grandmother's sister and my Great Aunt) holding her which is pictured above. Uncle Ben met up with us and we traveled over to Aunt Nina's where a delicious Spaghetti and Meat-a-bole dinner was served. Molto Bene! Pictured below is a fabulous picture of Aunt Paula taking an after dinner snooze with the girly-girl.



Monday, the following day, we took a drive down ol' Route 7 to my hometown of Norwalk, Connecticut where we dropped in on Grandma Jill. She was quite ecstatic to see her Granddaughter. I her a quick refresher course in childcare, much to her annoyance, and she babysat while Bethany and I hit the movie theatre. We went and saw V for Vendetta which we both agreed was mediocre at best. We spent the night, left in the morning, and had a grand ol' time.

This morning we took Lola for her two month check-up. Oh yeah, she's two months old today. Can you friggin' believe it? I really can't. Anyway, Dr. Bonner was quite impressed with her above average weight increase since her two week appointment. At that point she was weighing in at 5 lbs 7 oz. She is now the chunkified weight of 10 lbs 12 oz. She's certainly is a chunka-chunka, by golly! Her length has also been increasing at a rapid rate. She is now 21 inches long. Yow!

She also had three whole shots today in her legs. They are standard vaccinations needed to avoid serious illness. When she got her first shot she made faces we had never seen before and Bethany and I couldn't help but laugh at her. I then felt incredibly guilty for laughing and got very sad. It was pretty emotional. She cried in pain for a bit quickly brushing it off and falling fast asleep. Lola's a tough broad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! I can feel better now! I have been suffering from a totally acute case of "LolaBlogMaTism!"
The symptoms are awful! EXtrEEme Chills, Nausea, The D stuff, Vertigo & Ringing in the ears.

With one dose of this Lola Blog antidote, the symproms have subsided.

"LolaBlogMaTism!" is a cousin of "ElijahBlogMaTism!" also known as "BUBSBlogMaTism!". I believe thay are 2nd cousins but who is counting?

"BUBSBlogMaTism!" has become so severe in the last few weeks! The victim suffers excrutiating cramps and fevers ranging around 206 degrees in addition to the above listed symptoms under "LolaBlogMaTism!".

It is my fervent belief that these "...MaTisms" originated years ago and that the source was truly Grandpa/Uncle Sal...who was famous back in the day for torturing his siblings & cousins with a vast array of his self invented "MaTisms"

Thank you soo much for the antidote. Victims need many entries to truly heal.
Thank you! ...sigh of relief...

:) :)

XXXXX OOOOO

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lola is soo freakin cute in that top pic

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home