Monday, April 10, 2006

Lola's No Jew!



Bethany spoke to me in her sleep again last night. The conversation went a little something like this.

Bethany: Chanukah!
John: Uh, what?
Bethany: Candles. You have Menorahs.
John: WHAT?!
Bethany: Never mind, I must be seeing things.
John: Okay, uh, what did you say about Chanukah?
Bethany: Lola!
John: What about Lola?
Bethany: What is she going to wear for Chanukah?
John: Um, yeah, are you sleeping?
Bethany: Yes, I'm sleeping.

I reached for my bottle of Holy Water and was ready to perform my first exorcism until she woke up. She had no recollection of the bizarre interaction that took place. I feared for my life.

Lola's thrush has finally disappeared along with her sore and pimply diaper rash. We are very happy about that. I clipped her nails the other day. They seem to be extra sharp now which is a bad thing considering she likes to grab ahold chunks of daddy's face and squeeze as hard as she possibly can. I wonder if she realizes how painful this can be and does it on purpose when I am annoying her with my obnoxious impromptu baby jingles. Probably.

Everything else is fine and dandy with the lady. She's eating and doodling normally, although we think she occasionally gets a bit constipated, but she tends to have at least one doodle a day.

Our bitchy neighbor went out and got a dog whose bark we can clearly hear in our living room. I figure she feels the need to get back at us for having to hear Lola cry night and day. We're thinking of complaining about the noise, after all we have the right and she does not! Maybe if she said "hello" to us in passing there would be a different story. Actually there wouldn't be, barking dogs are annoying. Crying babies are cute (when they're yours).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you have menorahs"
sounds like a disease

hope lola doesnt catch it!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's wrong with the jews? this is all sounding anti-semitic to me and i am disappointed

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh shes so cute!
im glad you updated... :)
cant wait to see you sunday/monday!

9:49 PM  
Blogger John said...

Okay, I'm not Hitler, folks, so please relax. I have nothing against the jews (aside from their cheapness). I'm joking! We need to lighten up here, anonymous poster. I'm not sure what's anti-semitic about Bethany wondering what her daughter was going to wear for Chanukah (a holiday we do not celebrate). So maybe "Lola's No Jew" was a poor choice for a title, but I just couldn't resist. You can look at it in a more literal sense too, you know. I mean, Lola is in fact not a jew. Lola is no Jew! What's wrong with that?

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home