Family Fun Fest

Lola's weekend, otherwise known as Family Fun Fest, was excitement beyond belief! Grandma Jill watched the girly Saturday night while Uncle Ben, Bethany, and myself sought fun and merriment in good ol' Norwalk, Connecticut. Actually we went to Fairfield with hopes of enjoying scrum-diddly-umptious chicken sandwiches at our favorite hot spot of yesteryear, The Fairfield Diner. Little did we know that the place had been closed down by the board of health! We were quite upset and it ruined our plans to eat and catch the new Spike Lee Joint at the theatre down the street from the diner. Oh well. We decided to head back to Norwalk and eat at our favorite over-priced Italian restaurant, John's Best. Our waitress was terrible and she forced me to tip her less than 20%. For some reason the wait staff is always miserable at this place. But anyway the food is still the greatest. I'm convinced that John's Best of Norwalk, Connecticut makes the most delicious pizza of all time. It is the first pizza I have ever tasted and I'm hoping it will be the first Lola will ever taste.
While dining we were pleasantly surprised by Cie, who is a long-time pal of my brother and I. She invited us over her and her husband James' house after dinner which we graciously obliged. Before we went over we stopped at Stew Leonards, the World's Largest Dairy Store, and enjoyed frozen treats while combing the place for free samples, an act that Chris Selke and I used to commit when we were teenagers. After our treats we headed over to Cie's, first stopping back at my mother's to pry Lola away from her arms. Lola and James got to finally meet our dear sweet daughter. Cie showed us a terrible video project taped about seven or eight years ago by this guy Doug we used to be friends with. It starred Cie and myself and it was so embarrassing I wish to not even get into detail. Lola cried during throughout the duration. I came close.
By the time we got home Grandma Jill was sound asleep so she didn't end up taking care of Lola throughout the night which was the original plan. It didn't quite matter much since Lola only woke up once that night and sucked down her bottle in record time.
Sunday afternoon we drove up Route 7 to Carmel, New York for Lola's Second Baby Shower hosted by Grandpa Sal and Grandma Rose. It was a very lovely time and we got to see lots of family. I am currently feeling a bit home sick. Anyway, it was quite the festive occasion and everyone seemed to have been in good spirits. Everyone except Lola, unfortunately, who was experiencing a lot of mouth pain. Yes, our little girl seems to have started teething and she is not very happy about it. We have been swabbing her gums with teething ointment and it seems to give her temporary relief.
Below is a picture of Grandpa Sal with Lola.
1 Comments:
I LOVE LOLA!
the sweatband's wicked cute, lol :)
Post a Comment
<< Home