Lola Takes Providence

We took Lola on her very first trip to Thayer Street in Providence today. I was a little nervous about our parking spot since we were parked a little too close to the curb. Luckily we weren't towed and I was simply stressing out over nothing as usual. We had lunch at the fake diner, Johnny Rockets, where I tipped the waitress a little too generously considering her failure to acknowledge Lola. She must have been an idiot because telling parents how cute their baby is must be the easiest way to get a big tip. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, however, because I know what it's like to have a crappy job like that and figured she was probably having a lousy day.
We contemplated getting dessert at Ben & Jerry's next door but decided to be good about our diets since we'll most likely be eating ourselves silly this weekend in New Hampshire. Also I figured it's always cold in Ben & Jerry's and didn't want Lolzie to be uncomfortable.
Bethany looked like your typical "art fag" walking down Thayer Street (a popular hang out for trendy RISD students) in her tight blue jeans, gold cowboy boots, altered Clash t-shirt, and giant sunglasses. Lola was wearing a cute pink dress with hot pink embroidered pants that neither matched nor fit. I was wearing absolutely nothing at all.
Our next stop was Target where we purchased much needed cleaning supplies. Upon entering the enormous store we stopped to laugh hysterically at Lola for her eyes were open so incredibly wide, unlike anything we had ever seen! I wish I had remembered the camera that we had stashed away in her diaper bag. Instead you get an adorable picture of Lola in her new headband.
Lola received a wonderfully thoughtful Easter Basket from Grandpa Sal and Grandma Rose and is especially fond of the headbands included. Lola thanks you both and is looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
4 Comments:
"art fag"....lol. thats excellent.
i cant wait till you guys get here on sunday!! yay! :)
hmm...kiss lola for me! ok bye.
that picture is so freakin' cute.
Lola is adorable in the picture,I can't wait to see her on Sunday also, John and Bethany too. John I'm so happy your back to writing the blog..
i think i need to borrow lola sometime :)
Post a Comment
<< Home