Our Daughter's Darling Doodles (and not so darling vomit)

Sorry, again, for the lack of updating. This time my excuse is that our wireless connection has been rather crummy. I guess that's what we get for stealing someone else's signal. Wait, did I just type that?! Anyway, Lola has been growing at a rapid pace. She celebrated her 3 month anniversary on this great planet earth on May 5th. Unfortunately B and I forgot. I was meaning to get her a little gift, but I will make it up to her today if I decide to get off my ass and go to Old Navy. A cute new outfit for the glorious weather we've been having is in need.
Lately Lola has been vomiting a little too often which is disturbing to me. If she keeps it up I'm going to call the doctor. I'm also a little concerned about her snoring problem! Hopefully it's all normal. Well, I'm fairly sure the vomiting is normal, so don't you worry. I think we're just over-feeding her. Or it could be Gastroesophogeal Reflux like what Daddy has. Well, we'll let the doctor figure it out. But don't go on worrying because I'm sure it's nothing. She's still growing, gaining weight, eating, sleeping, doodling and farting - you know, the essentials.
She did vomit in my mouth last night, which was very unpleasant. I was holding her close to my face while telling her how cute she is when BOOM, got a mouthful of baby-vomit. It tasted like Parmesan cheese mixed with luke warm milk. Fairly repulsive, heh?
Today in the midst of changing Lola's diaper she managed to squeeze out a tremendously long doodle. It was reminiscent of the Play-Dough Fun Factory I had as a child. It also put me in the mood for Chocolate soft serve. As disgusting as that may sound is was also an incredibly cute sight to see. I kept calling Bethany in whenever a new turd was about to be pushed out of her butt.
I'm very sorry for not mentioning Lola's visit by her Great Nana and Great Gumpa on Monday. I was a bit distracted while writing the last entry by an annoying "college student" at the door trying to sell magazine subscriptions. Bethany was being too nice to the guy so I finally had to open my mouth and say, "We just had a baby and can't afford any magazine subscriptions." I pissed the guy off but he shouldn't be soliciting in our building anyway! We wanted to call security but then I was afraid of any possible repercussion. Anyway, we had a very nice visit with Lola's Great Nana and Great Gumpa. They are very nice people and I look forward to seeing them again very soon. By the way, Gumpa you left your coat in the apartment!
The other night Lola slept straight through! A whole 9 hours of sleep. Unfortunately the next evening she wasn't as successful. She did, however, only wake up once at 2am and chugged her bottle at rapid speed falling almost instantly back to sleep. Good girly, Lola, we are proud of you. She is becoming more aware of night time.
3 Comments:
*sigh*
ill have to catch one of those "turd" moments sometime.
it sounds so special ;)
Hi Bethany & John...
Hehehe... I've read this latest update a few times now & laughed every time.
Suggestion:
Before bouncing Lola when she is in "pre-puke mode...
Place some cooked fetuccine in your mouth...
Instant Fetuccini Alfredo! (um I mean Fettuccine Ala Lola)
YUM!
XXXX OOOOO
I love baby LOLA! I started reading again, I am hooked! You really know how to write a baby blog! CUTE!!
Let me know when she wants to visit Auntie K-Rock in Brooklyn! We have a great big park here filled with puppies and bunnies and ice cream cones!
Post a Comment
<< Home