Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sneezy Scratchy Patchy-Poo




This weekend was spent helping Grandma Jill out at her home in Norwalk, Connecticut after having her fourth back surgery. Bethany and I did some nice things for the old lady while Lola lounged around and watched. She was a crank-a-lank for a while and so was I because my allergies are quite unbearable this season. It is rumored that Lola may in fact have allergies as well on account of her sneeziness and her loud snoring, but we can't really be too sure just yet. She will soon be visiting her doctor to find out the scoop. That is, of course, if the doctor's office decides to accept our insurance! More things to worry about, story of my life.

Anyway, what else has been going on with our dear sweet wonder? Oh yes! My good buddy Aaron came down for a visit. He had never met Lola before I think he might have been a little disturbed by our domestic lifestyle. He managed to put his beer down for half a minute to have a go at holding Lola, which was nice. I'm afraid Lola was a little terrified by the glazed look in his eyes. I probably should stop while I'm ahead before he goes and writes something terrible about me in the comments section. Aaron is actually a pretty okay guy, if you like Charles Bukowski.

Lola has begun to suck on her hands for comfort which is very cute. Sometimes I believe she prefers her hands over her pacifier, which saves b and me the trouble of holding it in her mouth, on account that it's very difficult for her to keep it in herself. Her finger nails have been growing at a rapid pace, so fast that I can't keep up with clipping them. She has been scratching her face more often than before and it's heartbreaking when she makes her face bleed.

That's all I can think of right now. She's getting enormous, for those who don't know. She is incredibly sturdy now and is able to keep her head up like a professional head-keeper-upper. We love her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are wicked funny pics :) cant wait to see the big lola!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home